ACT School Security Fencing
Bluedog has completed the supply and installation of school security fencing at multiple sites across Canberra and the ACT. Recent projects include school security fencing and gates at St Edmunds College on Canberra Avenue, loop top perimeter fencing at St Clares College on Canberra Avenue and school security fencing at Canberra College.
Similar to other states, it has been reported in the media that the installation of security fences in Canberra has paid off with dramatic reductions in vandalism attacks over the Easter break in 2010 down as compared to the previous year. ACT Education Minister Andrew Barr has been quoted saying "we have seen the very clear benefits [from school security fencing] in terms of reduced expenditure on maintenance and repairing property damage."
Important aspects of the fence specification that make a critical difference to the service life and safe operation of the fence:
- 65x65mm profile stiles on the gates as compared with lighter alternatives such as 40x40mm and 50x50mm stiles.
- Heavy duty gate hinges as compared lighter goliath ball bearing and broad butt hinges.
- Security brackets as compared lighter zinc plated shrouds.
- Anti tamper fasteners as compared domestic type teks.
- Heavy gauge fence posts as compared lighter alternatives.
Standard Height: 2100mm
Budget Estimate Rates: Supply and install $220 per metre (fencing) and $2,350 per metre (gates*), for 2100mm high (rates exclude GST). *Includes steel reinforced concrete gate strips.
- Fabrication workmanship: 3 years
- Installation: 1 year
- Powder coat: 10 year on colour fastness (conditions apply).