Cantilevered Security Sliding Gates
We offer a genuine heavy-duty cantilevered security sliding gate design for commercial and government applications. These cantilevered gates can be manually operated or automated by fitting with a motor to open and close the gate that can be operated remotely.
The main benefits of a cantilevered sliding gate compared to a conventional trolley sliding gate include:
- As the name suggests, a cantilevered sliding gate uses a cantilever or leverage to carry the weight of the gate when in operation. The weight of the gate is supported by a set of carriage wheels that are secured to a substantial steel reinforced concrete footing off to one side of the gate opening. In comparison, a trolley sliding gate has two wheels secured to the gate near each end that run along a track. A cantilevered gate does need a track across the driveway opening and in open gate position like a trolley sliding gate. This means a concrete beam or similar does not have to be installed to support the track across the driveway and in the open position. It also means the driveway doesn't have to be level which is preferable when installing a trolley sliding gate.
- A cantilevered gate does not have track that can be damaged or wheels that can become inoperable when hitting debris (such as rocks).
- A cantilevered gate is able move faster to the open and closed position. This is because having a set of wheels running along a track reduces the safe speed of operation on a trolley gate. In comparison with a cantilevered gate the gate being supported on a set of high performance carriage wheels that fit internally in the bottom rail facilitate the gate can safely move much faster.
- A cantilevered gate is ordinarily safer than a trolley sliding gate because the gate cannot become dislodged from a track that a set of wheels run along as is the case with a trolley sliding gate.
The features of a Bluedog cantilevered security sliding gates:
- Option for heavy duty gate frame consisting of a 150x100x5mm RHS bottom rail and 100x100x3mm SHS frame. This is compared with lighter alternatives such as design that use a lighter 150x50x3mm bottom rail and 50x50x2mm frame.
- Option for wholly hot dip galvanised gate frame after fabrication that gives a very high level of corrosion resistance and thus service life. A cantilevered sliding gate is a substantial investment. Gates made from pregalvanised material will be more prone to corrosion and resulting dilapidation in a shorter period of time.
- Four post bridging design. This makes the sliding gate assembly much more sturdy thanother designs that use a single receiver post and/ or guide post, especially in the closed postion.
- 80-100% heavy duty cycle motors to give no-fail operation even when in near constant use.
- Multipurpose design where a selection of infill fence types can be accomodated based around the standard frame design.
- Heavy duty running gear using highest quality components made in Italy.
- Compact design with smaller footprint on site. Some cantilevered gates use a design that involves a back rail. This rail has to extend the full length of the gate in the open position hence taking up a bigger footprint on site. Our design does not have a back rail keeping the design more compact.
Standard heights: 2100mm and 2400mm
Width: 4 - 8 metres
- Fabrication workmanship: 3 years
- Installation: 1 year