Essential Energy (NSW) 358 Mesh Fencing
We have adapted our GuardForce® 358 mesh product to meet the technical requirements of Essential Energy's (formerly Country Energy) specification for intruder resistant fencing around its high voltage substations. Our design has been approved by Essential and we are currently an approved contractor for the manufacture, supply and installation of high security fencing to Essential. Essential is a NSW Government-owned corporation, with responsibility for building, operating and maintaining network services across 95 per cent of NSW, parts of southern Queensland and northern Victoria.
358 mesh fencing, often called close-space welded mesh, anti-climb mesh or finger-proof mesh, is an ‘intruder resistant’ fence type that provides the highest level of security that can be achieved with a fencing solution. 358 mesh should be used where prevention of unauthorised access is a top priority.
We can arrange for the supply and install, or supply only of our GuardForce® 358 mesh fence system in Sydney, regional NSW, Adelaide, regional South Australia, Brisbane and regional Queensland.
The key features of our GuardForce® 358 mesh system are:
- Light weight and high strength fence post that we have developed using a unique channel post that has been independently certified that allows safer and easier handling.
- Serious corrosion resistance with all steel work hot dipped galvanised after fabrication and welded mesh made from Ø4mm Zinc-Alu coated wire that has up four times the corrosion resistance of a hot dipped galvanised finished wire.
- Simple and strong gate locking hardware including lockable heavy duty slide bolt and drop bolt.
- Superior and heavy duty gate hinge design using a greasable tapered roller bearing rather than a 'dry' (non-lubricated) hinge.
Our GuardForce® 358 mesh fence system complies with:
- ENA Guidelines (ENA DOC 015:2006) ‘National Guidelines for Prevention of Unauthorised Access to Electricity Infrastructure’.
- EN 10223-4:1998 Steel Wire and wire products for fences – Part 4. Steel wire welded mesh fencing.
- BS 1722-14:2006 Part 14: Specification for open mesh steel panel.
- AS/NZS 1170.2 2002 Structural Design Actions, Part 2 wind actions (engineer certificate can be provided).
The benefits of high security 358 mesh fencing includes:
- High level intruder resistance that deters and delays unauthorised access because it is very hard to scale or penetrate.
- Good natural surveillance through the fencing thus deterring unauthorised access and aiding detection