Public Pool Security Fencing
Bluedog offers a style of powder coated metal fencing that is pool safe AND acts as security fencing.
Important aspects of child safe fencing include:
- Tighter picket spacing at 90mm spacing rather than 110mm to comply with pool safety standards. Testing of panels and gates for certification to AS 1926 – Appendix A Strength and rigidity.
- Removal of climb points, head entrapment points and tunnelling points.
AS 1926.1-2007 Swimming pool safety - Safety barriers for swimming pools
NEW STANDARD ADOPTED 1 MAY 2010 - The 2007 versions of the Australian Standard, parts 1 & 2 were adopted on 1 May 2010.
The benefits of pool security fencing include:
- Controlling the access and contact of persons from outside the pool facility with the children and minors using the pool.
- Preventing children from entering or leaving the pool facility due to the impenetrable design of the fence.
- Reducing unauthorised access to the facility after hours and resulting damage from vandalism.
Standard Height: 2100mm
Budget Estimate Rates: Supply and install $250 per metre (fencing) and $1,150 per metre (gates), for 2100mm high (rates exclude GST).
- Fabrication workmanship: 3 years
- Installation: 1 year
- Powder coat: 10 year on colour fastness (conditions apply).