SA DECS School Security Fencing
The South Australian Department of Education and Children’s Services (DECS) has developed a school security fencing specification. Bluedog has supplied and installed perimeter security fencing at over 20 metropolitan and regional schools in SA in accord with this specification.
"Experience has shown that security fencing is highly effective in reducing after hours criminal activity on school grounds. “Incidents at two suburban primary schools dropped from more than 20 per month to an average of less than one incident per month after fencing was erected."
Education Minister Jane Lomax-Smith May 3, 2007
Important aspects of the fence specification that make a critical difference to the service life and safe operation of the fence:
- 65x65mm profile stiles on the gates as compared with lighter alternatives such as 40x40mm and 50x50mm stiles.
- Concrete gate strip footings with steel reinforcing secure gate posts.
- Security brackets as compared lighter zinc plated shrouds.
- Anti tamper fasteners as compared domestic type teks.
- Heavy gauge fence posts as compared lighter alternatives.
Standard Height: 2100mm
Budget Estimate Rates: Supply and install $220 per metre (fencing) and $2,350 per metre (gates*), for 2100mm high (rates exclude GST). *Includes steel reinforced concrete gate strips.
- Fabrication workmanship: 3 years
- Installation: 1 year
- Powder coat: 10 year on colour fastness (conditions apply).