Playgrounds are a community meeting place for family relaxation and enjoyment in a safe space. Choose our ChildSure® playground fencing for peace of mind that the children in your care are safely and securely contained.
ChildSure® security fencing is our proprietary system designed to prevent unauthorised entry to an area, and at the same time safely contain or exclude children in or from a designated area such as a pool or playground. The standard assembly consists of 2400mm long panels with uprights with crushed spear top welded at 90mm spacing into horizontal rails and secured to posts with proprietary security bracket and anti-tamper fastenings.
The premium grade pre-galvanised steel surface is meticulously cleaned and prepared in a 7-stage chemical pre-treatment process and finished in a highly durable polyester powder coat that will look great for years to come. The fencing and gate system is pre-fabricated and is assembled readily on site with no need for cutting and welding. The fencing is combined with our range of Eternity® gate hinges and Bolt’nLock® locking hardware for an integrated solution. The fencing and gate system is pre-fabricated and is assembled readily on site with no need for cutting and welding.
The benefits of ChildSure® security fencing include:
Peace of mind that intruders can not easily scale, penetrate or get under the fence.
Peace of mind that children can not scale, penetrate or get under the fence and come to harm.
Peace of mind that the fence itself does not represent a hazard to children, by way of head entrapment or hanging points, with the risk of serious injury.
A superior aesthetic outcome by way of the design and high quality coating finish.
Saving money by way of reduced maintenance costs and extended product life.
2100mm high panel standard
Australian Standard 1926.1: 2007 child-safe design
The picket is welded through the rails and not face welded
There is no Australian Standard for child-safe security fencing. As a consequence suppliers in the market can offer fencing materials that vary greatly in terms of the steel tube profile size, the wall thickness (gauge) of the tube, the strength, the design and method of fabrication, the corrosion resistance, the metal pretreatment process used to clean the product and the powder coating regime. These aspects dramatically impact the cost of the fencing materials but also the whole of life cost of the product, including the safety of the product in service. In the absence of an Australian Standard we have developed this pro-forma specification to assist specifiers and to lift and make more uniform the product in the market for various applications. Please CONTACT US and we can provide a generic word format version of the specification to more easily use free of charge.
• For basic applications we can supply a low cost, light weight pressed steel shroud (1mm gauge) that is zinc plated. This shroud has two fixing diagonal fixing points to the post – in line with the panel - and one to the rail of the panel. We supply a color matched self-drilling tek screw in either 10 or 12 gauge to suit.
• For security applications we recommend our SmartaBracket® steel security bracket (3mm gauge) that is much stronger and vandal resistant than a shroud preventing theft of the panels or unauthorised access to a property. The bracket is hot dip galvanised, rather than zinc plated, after fabrication making it much more corrosion resistant and long lasting. The bracket encloses the rail and fixes to the non-attack side of the post making the bracket quicker to install. This bracket has two fixing points to the post and one to the rail of the panel. We can supply a 12 gauge self drilling tek screw with a standard hex drive or anti-tamper drive.
• For low to medium duty applications we recommend our low cost swing gates made with 40x40x1.6mm stiles and rails, with twin bottom rails up to a maximum leaf width of 2381mm.
• For higher duty applications we recommend a swing gate made with 65x65x2mm stiles and 65x65x1.6mm rails, with twin bottom rails up to a maximum leaf width of 2381mm.
• “Airlocks” at a security gate using child-safe fencing and a self-closing gate and child safe magnetic lock to create child safe access/ egress point.
• For low to medium duty applications we recommend a low cost ball bearing hinge that is secured to the gate stile and gate post with a combination of M8 bolts and 14g self-drilling tek screws.
• For higher duty applications we recommend one of our Eternity® hinges that combine a sealed bearing hinge at the top and a greasable tapered roller bearing at the bottom. These hinges have a much higher capacity in terms of the weight and length of the gate and will give years of trouble free service. The top hinge can be adjusted to raise or lower the level of the gate leaf. The assembly consists of a post bracket that is screwed to the gate post with four M10 stainless steel fasteners and a bracket that inserts into the gate stile.
• For self-closing gate applications we recommend a hydraulic self closing hinge that is child-safe. This unit has adjustable tension and screws the gate stile and gate post on site with a series of 14g self-drilling tek screws.
• For low to medium duty applications for a gate opening up to 5800mm we recommend our low cost modular track sliding gates made with 40x40x1.6mm stiles and rails, with twin bottom rails for increased strength and rigidity. These units are supplied with all the necessary hardware for manual operation and are readily assembled on site.
• For higher duty applications for a gate opening up to 8500mm we recommend our modular track sliding gate made with 65x65x2mm stiles and 65x65x1.6mm rails, with twin bottom rails for increased strength and rigidity. These units are supplied with all the necessary hardware for manual operation and are readily assembled on site.
• For standard applications we recommend our Bolt’nLock® Ø20mm slide bolt and Ø16mm drop bolt combination. These units are easily fitted on site and suit a standard padlock. This system is low cost but much stronger than light weight domestic units. We supply 14 gauge self drilling tek screws with a standard hex drive to fit on site.
• Pull top magnetic locks that are child-safe and comply with AS1926. These units screw to the gate latch stile and gate post with a series of 14g self-drilling tek screws.
• Polyester powder coat that will give a tough and long lasting colored finish to the fence.
• Zinc rich epoxy primer under coat to suit higher corrosion environments.
• Anti-graffiti coating that assists easier removal of graffiti.